A Cannabis Attorney At The Forefront Of The Industry
Chernis Law Group P.C. provides a full range of legal services to the cannabis industry throughout Los Angeles County, Orange County and all of Southern California. Founding attorney Michael S. Chernis helps clients navigate the complex and ever-changing legal environment facing commercial cannabis businesses. His services include:
- Assistance with local and state license or permit applications
- Regulatory compliance and IRS 280E audits
- Drafting MSA’s and other forms of business agreements for licensed operators
- Real property lease agreements for either landlords or tenants
- Tax matters with CDTFA
- Sales and purchases of cannabis licenses and brand licensing agreements
- Advice concerning the manufacture and sale of Industrial Hemp and derivative products, including CBD and non-Delta 9 THC cannabinoids
- Federal cannabis law policy and enforcement practices
He often consults with clients either seeking an entry point in the industry, seeking reliable advice concerning the current laws and regulations, or seeking solutions for future operations and licensing under the new regulatory scheme. His clients include active licensed operators, businesses and individuals seeking to obtain licensure, potential investors in a cannabis business, landlords and ancillary services providers to cannabis businesses, and manufacturers and distributors of industrial hemp products including CBD and non-Delta 9 THC cannabinoids
As California continues to implement changes to its cannabis laws, Mr. Chernis is prepared to guide clients through the new era of cannabis regulatory compliance in what is anticipated to become a $5 billion industry in California.
Cutting-Edge Knowledge Of The Law
Attorney Chernis remains up to date on the latest changes to cannabis laws, both local and state, which now include both medical and recreational or adult use and seeks to arm his clients with that knowledge. It is his prime directive to keep clients out of harm’s way, and he believes an educated and informed client is critical to the equation. He assists clients in understanding the unique challenges implicated by federal law, including:
- The legality of hemp, CBD and products containing non-Delta 9 THC cannabinoids
- The Federal Agriculture Act governing Industrial Hemp
- IRS Regulation 280(e)
- The Rohrabacher-Farr Amendment
As new issues arise that impact cannabis law and his clients’ interests, and cannabis laws evolve, Mr. Chernis stays current with those changes to adequately advise his clients and stay at the forefront of the practice area.
Access Trustworthy Cannabis Business Counsel Today
When you need guidance through the complexities of cannabis law, you can turn to Chernis Law Group P.C. for service. To schedule your initial consultation, call Mr. Chernis at his Santa Monica office at 310-558-2346 or send him an email.